An obituary note is a to express your pain and love for the one’s whose soul has been departed from this Earth and to inform others of the incident.An obituary note should contain these 5 things:
- Announcement of the incident
- The person’s biography info
- Survivor Info
- The different ceremonies and timings
It is not very easy to prepare an obituary note, as the whole life of a person can not be defined in a short note and for the one who has lost someone dear to his heart is not easy to give it in writing.Hence, we are providing templates and some tips for how to make an obituary note easily.The templates are free to download and easy to edit according to your need.
Some Tips to make an Obituary
Decide to print Obituary
You should make it sure before writing an obituary that it will get printed in a local newspaper and you have all information.There are some funeral homes which also offer to print an obituary in the paper, so if you are choosing this way you need to know about these funeral homes.If you are choosing the local newspaper for the same then you need to know something:
- You need to know about the charges of printing, some papers charge by Inches and some by centimeters.However choose a suitable font through which all the information you want, get printed in the paper.
- The last time to submit your entries for the printing.Paper industries have different timing to take printing orders.Always know the last time limit to submit, most of them stop taking these kinds of printing orders by the evening.An obituary is given before the deadline so that it could be edited and can be proofread before printing.
- Try to do it as soon as possible so that everybody gets to know about it and can take part in the funeral.The dates and timing of the ceremonies should be printed so that people can take part in the processions.
- If you want to announce the death at National level and the personality was notable then contact the national newspapers for the same.
Go through some Obituaries in Newspaper
By reading some of the obituaries in the newspaper you will get an idea that how an obituary looks like in a newspaper and what are the information that you can get printed in a newspaper.There is a format of printing obituaries in the newspaper, although if you want the format could be changed.Try to be in accordance with the guidelines of the newspaper or your submission of the obituary will be heavily edited.
Give the Basic Information of the deceased
List down all the basic information of the deceased, so that you can sort of the information which you will need to print in the paper.There is a short list of basic things in an obituary:
- First and Last Name
- Birth and Demise
- Spouse Name
- Funeral time and place
If you are not still sure about the place and time of the funeral then you can give the name of the funeral home and its contact number.
You can give Some Additional Info
You can also add some extra information in the obituary.Here is a short list which you can add:
- Info of the children of the deceased
- Grandchildren names
- Educational Information of the deceased
- Names of beloved pets
- Personality Traits
So, here are some important tips which might help you in preparing an obituary.Although we have provided free printable templates available in word and pdf format which are easy to use and help you to make an error-free obituary note.
If You find the above-provided information helpful or this page helped you anyhow then please comment in the comment section.Any suggestions to improve our site will be appreciated.