It is the formal notice of the declaration of yours to resign in two weeks from the day notice is submitted. It is submitted to the employer to inform that you are about to submit your resignation. Before submitting your two-week notice make sure you have considered all angles before quitting the current position. The two-week notice must contain all the proper reason for quitting your job and explains details of your departure. It is given to the employer since your employer needs time to process your departure and start looking for a new candidate for your respective job.
Things mentioned in two-week notice
These are the things you must mention in your two-week notice before submitting it to your employer.
- Your two-week notice must contain a perfect and detailed explanation for quitting your position.
- It should deliver in a natural tone.
- It must show respect towards your employer.
Short and Straight Forward Two Week Notice Letter
Brief and Concise Two Weeks Notice Letter Template
THINGS ONE SHOULD DO WHEN GIVE TWO WEEK NOTICE
These tips may help and keep your reputation intact for the future job prospects.
STAY NUM BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR NOTICE.
Changing job is a big step and you know that you’re about to quit it can be tempting and reveal your secrets to work friend. The best way is to tell your manager first and avoid whispering to your friends in inner work circle about this. This may irritate your employer and you may lose your chance to manage the narrative of why you are leaving and may become the reason for the downfall of your reputation in the eye of your employer.
THINK TWICE BEFORE CONSIDERING THE OFFER YOU GOT OVER YOUR CURRENT ONE.
Everyone wants to be so important to the company they work with that it can’t run without them. Before considering the counter offer you should think about the impact of your decision on the company and yourself.
TRY TO ENSURE SMOOTH TRANSITION
Before think to leave an organization you must consider its impact on the projects you will work on and you also think about the people who are working with you and depend on you directly or indirectly. A better way is to draft a solid transfer plan outlining all your projects which are pending and explain a particular one about your part in the projects.
STAY POSITIVE AFTER GIVING NOTICE
When you submit your notice that doesn’t mean you can misbehave with your colleague and company, So after giving notice you should maintain your reputation in your workplace till the last date of your leaving. If you have any hope of being rehired in the future never misbehave with anyone at your workplace, it may impact the thinking of your employer. In case if you don’t have anything to say someone specifically, just don’t say anything and remain positive.
REMAIN VALUABLE AFTER DEPARTURE
You may build some good relationships during your job at your workplace to keep them strong as they are today it is very necessary to say a polite goodbye to your colleagues and try not to hurt anyone by your words when you are going to leave your workplace.
HOW TO WRITE TWO WEEK NOTICE:
- Write a kind, informative, accommodating letter. It should address your director, supervisor, and manager and include specific date of your last date at work. At the bottom your name with signature.
- Print your letter, sign it and fold it in business style and place in a business envelope.
- Bring it to the person, who in-charge and thank for management and verbally and politely inform them that you are turning your two-week notice letter and hand them the letter.
- That same day sends an email to your higher authorities about your intention and attaches the letter to your mail.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Handing in your letter without a conversation.
- Not putting your notice in writing.
- Not being kind, gracious and professional.
Formal Resignation Letter Template Editable
Printable Two Week Notice Letter Sample
Resignation Letter with Two Week Notice
Now you know how to write a two-week notice letter, we’ve tried to cover all the important aspects. Refer to the templates shared above to know the correct format and layout of writing a two-week notice letter. All the templates are downloadable and editable, feel free to download and edit these templates as per your need or requirement.