This page is loaded with Letter of Appeal for Consideration samples, examples, and templates. If you’re here looking for a sample of Letter of Appeal for Consideration then this is the right place as here we’ve shared a few useful effective appeal letter samples.
Now let’s understand why appeal letter for consideration is written and what’s the purpose behind writing an appeal letter. An appeal letter is usually written when you want someone to reconsider a decision they made about you. There are many situations for writing an appeal letter such as
- you might be unfairly treated in some ways,
- or an unfair decision has been imposed on you
- or you might have been fired or laid off for wrong reasons
- or an employer denied a salary raise.
- or you want an employer to consider your job application
An appeal letter is often written in a professional world where an employee wants an employer or higher authority to reconsider the decision they made. Here you can see various samples & templates of the appeal letter, use these templates as a reference to write down an effective appeal letter for consideration.
Here is one sample of appeal letter for Job consideration;
Appeal Letter for Consideration Templates
The format of Letter of Appeal for Consideration
Your Contact Information
Your City, State Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email Address
Employer Contact Information
City, State Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name,
Firstly introduce yourself and then explain that you’re writing an appeal letter of consideration for a particular decision which is made by an employer or higher authority.
Here you can put your story. Provide facts or proof to prove your point. Attach any relevant document, if you have any.
There might be a purpose of writing this letter. Here you can state the outcome that you want. Mention what you expect from an employer to do next. Maybe you want an employer to overturn a decision or maybe you want some changes in a decision.
End with “thank you”. Mention how an employer can contact you for further communications. If you are going to follow up, state how you will do so, and when.
Handwritten Signature (for a hard copy letter)
Quick Tips for Writing a Reconsideration Appeal Letter
- There should be a reason for writing this letter, you must have received a rejection letter.
- Make sure to use the formal tone only. Your words should be humble and requesting.
- Keep your language simple and easily understandable.
- Mention the reason why you should be considered.
- Keep the letter concise and to the point only. Avoid writing long out of the context letters.
- Make sure the letter doesn’t have any spelling or grammatical mistakes.
Use the appeal letter templates as a reference and learn how to write an effective appeal letter. A properly written appeal letter can do your work so make sure to write in a professional manner. Keep checking this site for more such useful templates.